Seniors suffering from depression can undergo terrible inner distress the severity of which we may not even comprehend. Depression literally sucks the life out of people and seniors are often seen to be the worst sufferers of depression. There are also quite a high number of suicide instances of seniors due to depression.
So, learning to cope with these issue is very much important. Here we give to you 7 tips from Comfort Keepers Senior Care San Mateo to help seniors with depressions.
● Always be on the lookout for depressive symptoms. Depression is different from ordinary feeling of grief or sorrow. If such depressive instances become persistent than probably you better start seeking help.
● It becomes the most troubling when the senior refuses to accept medical or therapeutic help as they might assume it will become a burden to the family or they might just simply do not want anything they are not feeling good about. So be on guard for the signs.
● Try to see things from their perspective. Talk to them to discover exactly what's bothering them. Offer humble and cordial help.
● Talk to them in their way. Do not impose words like drugs, therapy, care, counselling as these might frustrate them even more. Just try to persuade that medical help actually works and might even help them to sleep better.
● Depression is actually an illness. So, acknowledge the limitations that it might impose upon oneself and never force our loved seniors beyond those known limits.
● Always let the loved seniors do the tasks that they are capable of doing. That will make them feel good and more independent. And that’s exactly Interactive Caregiving from Comfort Keepers Senior Care San Mateo does.
● Try to be as much involved with the medical care that our loved seniors are getting so that you know what to do and how to help when it may become necessary
For any help regarding elder care and support do not hesitate to contact Comfort Keepers Senior Care San Mateo.